In 1993, T.G. McCants was the Mayor of a town known as Mount Pleasant in South Carolina. It is during this period that the idea of a waterworks system was introduced. However, after seeing through the planning for a short while, the mayor died, and thus the waterworks establishment idea was completed by W.L Erckmann who succeeded him. According to the plans that were made by James E. Gibson, the waterworks system was expected to supply at least 160,000 gallons of water every single day.
Mount Pleasant Waterworks – Current rates, charges, and fees
The water and wastewater bills revenue funds all the activities in Mount Pleasant Waterworks. The rates charged by this waterworks system is focused on recovering costs and seeing through the improvement of capital. However, these rates are critical to their operational and financial sustainability in the long term.
To ensure the rates meet the required cost recovery, Mount Pleasant waterworks have a rate consultant. The Rate consultant also helps them stay in line with their industry standards
The following are some of the fees that you will encounter with Mount Pleasant waterworks under various circumstances:
- Water Rates: The basic facility charge per REU is $8.40.Consumers are charged per every 1,000 gallons they spend. However, there is also a charge for the excessive use of the water.
- In town customers waste wastewater rates: Consumers are expected to pay a basic facility fee of $16.70 per every REU. Consumers are charged for every 10000 gallons and varying charges for any excessive usage. However, those with no meters are charged a monthly wastewater fee of $46.15 every month.
- Charges for wastewater customers who are not within the town: The charges for a basic facility for this group of people is $18.37. The customers here will be categorized under either single-family residence or all other customers. The two groups have different charges for every REU. There is also set extra charges for excessive usage for every group. The wastewater customers with no meters and living outside the town are charged $50.75 every month. There are also charges for water waste of high strength.
- Irrigation Rates: There is a charge for the basic facility and a monthly fee that is determined by the customer’s meter size. Customers are charged per every 1000 gallons consumed. There are also charges for excessive usage. Customers who have not paid water impact fees are charged with an irrigation impact fee of $2,295.
- Fees for request of new services: A security deposit fee of $100 per every
REU, $60 for new accounts and $25 for service transfer.
Miscellaneous customer charges
- Charges for the care line program
- Meter charges
- Tap fee for the residential
- Penalty fees and delinquent account charges
- Impact fees for development
- Charges for tampering with the meter
- Damage fees for clean out
- Fee for tampering with a hydrant
- Fees for water meter
- Fees for wastewater connection
- Inspection fees
Mount Pleasant Waterworks Payment Options
This will not only save you time but money. With Autopay, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- No writing of checks needed
- No stamping needed thus saves you the trouble of stamp buying.
- You can make the payments from wherever you are
- No charges for making your payments late
- You will enjoy bonus rewards
Online Account Management
This account has assured security, and you can use to make payments as well as checking your balance. This system allows you to choose your bill delivery based on what you are comfortable with. You can make payments using your debit card or bank account.
Through the phone
Customers can make payments and check their balances by dialing 843-884-9626.
Mount Pleasant waterworks allows customers to visit their offices to make the payments themselves. They are open from Monday to Friday;9am-5pm. However, they are closed during holidays.
Customers can make payments through the mail. Account number and customer numbers should be included.
Opening and Closing Account
Customers interested in opening or closing water and/or wastewater accounts should call the number 843-884-9626 or visit their offices at 1619 Rifle Range Road.
Mount Pleasant waterworks have terms and conditions that a customer must fulfill before meter installation. These terms and conditions are available in their meter installation brochure.
Contact Mount Pleasant Waterworks
Phone number: 843-884-9626
Mount Pleasant Waterworks Operational Center
1619 Rifle Range Road
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464